Saturday, July 10, 2010

Only a child


I have been reading Jeremiah. I read chapter 1 across 3 days last week as I just couldn't move past it. God clearly wanted to speak to me through that passage. I've been grappling with the realities of what lies ahead of me now that my trip to Thailand has been confirmed. I felt overwhelmed and totally unequipped for the work I will be doing. And honestly, I just felt young and silly for thinking I was going to be of any use. I kept reverting back to verse 6-8 of Jeremiah 1 which reads
"O Sovereign LORD," I said, "I can't speak for you, I'm too young."
The LORD replied, "Don't say, 'I am too young', for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don't be afraid of the people for I will be with you and will protect you. I the LORD have spoken!"
His promise is so great and my obedience is what is required. Learning to walk in obedience is the tricky part.....


1 comment:

  1. I particularly like the bit that says: "Don't say, 'I am too young', for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you." It's a mighty fine book that one!

    ReplyDelete