Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Missions Weekend


This past weekend my church hosted a cross-cultural mission focus weekend. It was such a special time of connecting with other mission minded people and raising awareness of the numerous acts of service that are happening with Cornerstone people at the helm.


On Saturday night, all of the current and future missionaries gathered together to share in a meal. I love that when you ask such multi-cultural people to bring a dish it turns into a feast for the senses and the stomach! There was much wonderful fellowship over the meal and we spent time praying over each others ministries and callings. I was so excited to hear the encouraging stories of what God is allowing to happen in some challenging places.


On Sunday morning the focus of our church service was on missions again. My beautiful church community rallied bakers, coffee-makers and cake-sellers to pprovide for and man stalls after the service where each of the missionaries were able to share about their work and raise some much-needed funds int he process. The generosity of my congregation was simply overwhelming! It made me so proud to be part of a church that believes in the work we are doing.



I was very grateful to make numerous sales of jewellery that was made by Burmese former-prostitutes who were invited out of a dark industry and given an opportunity at a fair skill and wage.

I also received two very specific words of encouragement which really helped me to find peace in the challenge I have been facing of late. Isn't it great when you get to see God's ultimate control over difficult circumstances?


I look forward to doing it all again sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. This does indeed sound like an excellent and encouraging weekend!

    ReplyDelete