Thursday, October 6, 2011

Time for another visit...

Well, the excitement is building as I prepare for another trip to Thailand.
This time with a friend in tow - Theresa, a budding photographer and filmmaker from my church. It'll be great to find creative ways for her to serve while we're there.

This trip is shorter than last time, but is aimed at developing my network in the Chiang Mai region. I have been enjoying the process of pursuing contacts advised to me and discussing with them how we might be able to collaborate while I'm there. It's so phenomenal to have the opportunity to hear the stories of people who have spent years doing what I desire to do - what a privilege to learn from the pros!

I'm also looking forward to meeting up with friends I made on my last trip, particularly the Thai staff at both Mountainview and Partners. They have become like family to me and I can't wait to spend time with them again. I am particularly looking forward to seeing one friend, John, who was fairly young in his Christian faith when I last visited. I'm excited to see how he's grown these past 9 months and have the opportunity to encourage him.

Once again God's provision has been so evident as I was given the finances to cover my flights - thankyou Lord! It is only by the generosity of others that it is even possible for me to be doing the work I feel called to. I am so thankful that I am surrounded by people who believe in me and the cause of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment