Saturday, August 27, 2011

Last Friday night I had the privilege of talking to the teens at FUSION youth group on the topic of Global Poverty. I felt felt so under-equipped for the task, but they were so keen to hear what I had to share that it didn't seem to matter.

What I said was nothing profound. In fact I lost track on my notes and ended up scrapping them altogether!
What was really encouraging and inspiring was to see a bunch of 12 to 17 year olds listen, connect in small groups, and join back together to share what they had learnt. Some of the responses were somewhat typical.. "when I'm rich I'll give money to charity" whilst others were simply humbling and sincere... "I want to change my attitude about my life and how privileged I am", or "the best thing I can do with what I've got is to intentionally and passionately pray".

These kids have got it. If every person shaped an attitude of compassion and world-awareness as a child, then our furture would be one of great hope.

These kids make me believe for a bright future for those less fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment