Wednesday, November 10, 2010

To market, to market...










I enjoyed a most delightful day at the KGUrbanVillage markets this past Saturday. Joined by my beautiful friend Lisa, we set out to sell a stack of pre-loved clothes donated by my generous friends as a fundraiser for my trip.
There's something wonderful about getting up with the sun and preparing for an exciting day. It was even more wonderful to have live acoustic worship playing courtesy of the local market busker.
I really sensed the favour of God upon my stall throughout the day. My prayer: "If you want me to do this thing, you have to provide every step of the way". And He did.
We were blessed with a gorgeous sunny day that also brought the slightest touch of sunburn, but was also the complete opposite of the predicted thunderstorms (I should mention God and I had stern words during the 24 hours prior).
We made more than any other stall in the vicinity and seemed to somehow draw people who seemed blind to the stalls around us. I had some amazing conversations with people who wanted to know why I was doing this and felt so priveleged to share the heart and mission my God has given me to fulfill.
A huge thanks to all of my beautiful friends who helped out:
*Trihn, Steph, Kimmie, MJ, Anna, Bec, Lisa, Sara, Jess HS, and Jess W for prying clothes from their wardrobes and getting them to me in time;
*Housemate Bec who sacrificed her Friday night to meticulously tag, size, and hang every item, plus being the Sing's runner;
*Lisa for giving up her Saturday sleep-in to help run the stall and being an irresistable 'date' for the Columbian stallholder next to us.
*Dad for going on wild goose chases to find elusive, invisible bags of clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment