Tuesday, September 21, 2010



More big steps towards Thailand this week as I handed in my resignation at work. This was a significant step as it meant surrendering next year completely to God, knowing on my return I have no job. It's also extremely emotional to say goodbye to the colleagues and families I have worked so closely with over the past two years. By returning in February I'm also accepting that I won't be teaching, but instead will be attending Theological College - a huge diversion from where I thought I would be. But I'm acting in obedience to God's call - as crazy as it seems sometimes.


Eccelesiastes has been teaching me a lot lately. I listen to it on CD in the car driving to and from work. Being fed on the Word is such a nourishing experience. Having handed in my resignation and then facing some big challenges at work, I have been leaning on the words of Ecclesiastes 10:4 "If the spirit of the ruler rises against you, do not leave your post; for conciliation pacifies offence."
It was a strong reminder to me that whatever task I set myself to, I need to be prepared for attack but armed to respond with God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment